Where does your IGN come from?
– My IGN is from a pTCG I used to play in my college days… “Jyhad” later renamed to “Vampire: The Eternal Struggle” which is produced by White Wolf Publishing, same company that produced the RPG “Vampire: The Masquerade”. Justicar is a high rank among the vampire clans of a certain sect called the Camarilla. It basically means “Judge, Jury and Executioner”.
When did you first start playing Shadow Era?
– I started playing Shadow Era about the 3rd quarter of 2012… got hooked on it from then on.
How did you find the game?
– I found it on the App Store when I was searching of a TCG to play… shortly then after I found the forums and a Facebook community of fellow Filipino Shadow Era players.
Have/do you play other Trading Card Games? If so, which game(s)?
– For Digital… I played a bit of MMDOC, maybe for just about 3 months. Right now Shadow Era is the only dTCG I play.
– As for Physical… I have played competitive MTG from Unlimited up to Ice Age. Along the way I have also played “Jyhad” and “Legend of the Five Rings”. No more playing of pTCGs for me now as I don’t have the time for them.
How often do you play Shadow Era?
– I play around 5 times a week… roughly about 1-2 hours per day.
Why do you enjoy Shadow Era?
– I enjoy playing Shadow Era because of its mechanics and balance which brings out strategy in deckbuilding, saccing, etc. SE also has a great community, and from that community comes the guilds in which I have enjoyed being a part of.
What do you hope we will see in the next set?
– I don’t have any particular thing that I hope for on what will be on the next set… my first concern is the finalizing of the current set and the delivery of the things promised through Kickstarter and the World Championships.
Did your guild play a major part in your preparation for the tournament? How?
– Absolutely… my guild, “Rising Sun”, as you are prolly aware of, consists mostly of experienced and accomplished players which has helped me in the tweaking, analyzing and testing of decks… even our new players have given their insights and helped in the testing phase… all of which I am truly grateful to all of them.
Which match during the tournament gave you the most trouble?
– The first round match against ETC Spitfire’s Victor… I was down 0-2 in that match. Thankfully to him though he gave me a hard matchup in the beginning, it helped me wake up (literally and figuratively).
How did you decide on Boris?
– Using .hero on IRC
You also played Boris in day 1 of the Regional, what prompted the deck changes you made?
– Adjusted a bit for tech.
You had 10x 3 card cost drops for allies, I noticed a few games you played nothing until turn 5. Was this due to a poor draw or saving them to get better use of them?
– Cant remember exactly what the situation was but most prolly it was just not worth playing atm… or there was just nothing to play.
What decks (if any) were you afraid of seeing? Do you know of any decks in the tournament that would have given you trouble?
– A Loest rush/burn deck would’ve most prolly given me the most trouble.
Thank you for your time and congratulations on your fourth place finish!
– Thanks to You too… Gondorian, Kyle-Wulven and the rest of the Shadowera.net peeps. See you around!